Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Portal is the best part of the Orange Box
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:45:55    Post Subject: Portal is the best part of the Orange Box Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you guys tried Portal yet??? It is so good...It really makes you use your brain, and then the computer voice says the funniest things!

Its not overly hard. I finished it in about 2 hours. Now I get to play it again with the commentary.

If you haven't seen the video for Portal yet, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpdCi5XpCsE

Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 04:36:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just watched my roommate beat it in about 2.5 hours, looks like a lot of fun.
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:47:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is a lot of fun. I have been telling everyone about it, even people who don't play shooters.

After Orange Box was released (and downloaded), Portal was the first thing I tried. I knew what to expect from HL2: Episode 2, and I had already been playing TF2 since preordering it, so the only thing I didn't know what to expect was Portal. Had TF2 not been available prior to the release, it could have been a month before tried Portal. As soon as the game started out, I was hooked. I was able to burn through the first 14 levels in under an hour. The rest of the game was fantastic. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:28:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, Portal would be the only part of the Orange box that I'd be interested in. Not into FPS, but Portal looks like a lot of fun. I like those kind of Puzzle type games. Hopefully eventually they sell it separately...
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:53:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually, they do. Its $20 (Tax, but no shipping - Direct Download)

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=400&cc=US

Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 01:02:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea started playing and could not stop, took about two hours but was a lots of fun.

Like Murdock I played through with commentary, very interesting to hear what they talked about how they observed the play-testers. Ironically that's what the computer was doing while you played the game.

Portal is a really great puzzle game, tests your imagination and skill and solving puzzles.

If you like puzzles and FPS type games this would be right up your ally.
zmister
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:49:42    Post Subject: xbox 360 Reply with quote View Single Post

yea over at a mates house we were playin portal on the xbox 360 it seemed pretty cool just takes a while to get the hang of tonnes of fun tho
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

javajeff
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:46:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I never played it. I only play TF2. I wanted to save it for a rainy day. I still need to do the episodes too.
TomatoSlayer
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:59:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

javajeff wrote:
I never played it. I only play TF2. I wanted to save it for a rainy day. I still need to do the episodes too.

Well, you've pretty much already missed out on "The cake is a lie" and other memes based on the Weighted Companion Cube.

Play it. You'll enjoy it.
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 00:18:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still need to finish episode 2 also. I started it and then thought it was boring and stopped. I picked it up about a month later and it would seem that I stopped right before it got really good.

Portal really was the best part of Orange box. It was so different from anything I had played before and plus...I played through the first 12 levels in like a half hour. The next (last) 7 levels were much harder. They got progressively harder as it went along.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: