Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New Nvidia
The latest card is released
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:53:56    Post Subject: New Nvidia Reply with quote View Single Post

news Post: http://techgage.com/news/nvidia_geforce_9600gt_out_in_the_wild_doubles_performance_of_8600gt/

Page 16 of the Chinese review says the pricing is expected to be $169. I don't know how that's possible, and it may be a misprint due to poor translation, but I'm looking forward to seeing these show up in a couple of merchant e-tailer stores. Time to upgrade from my old 6800 GT!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:16:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I may just have to "step-up" from my 8800GTS G92 card I got less than a month ago.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:43:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sshh... No one is supposed to talk about any of that publicly yet. I was at Nvidia's editor's day while at CES and did see the card and some info on it. Not all the info there seems right... but some might be! Laughing

Non disclosure agreement is in place until February 14, 2008 though! That is a long time for geeks to keep things quiet!
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:00:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can't believe you're holding out on news like that. You just let the Chinese PCOnline people scoop you! What's next, lead poisoning for my cereal? Did you at least ask the nVidia people if they have any news on what happened to the 8950 CUDA card?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:43:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, so VR-Zone has posted links to some new video card pr0n. Impressive and yet... the power connectors on here look a little unusual. I can clearly see at least one PCI-E connection and the second PCB looks to have a 8 or 10 pin connector reminiscent of the 8 pin connectors found on motherboards. I don't suppose you can elaborate on those, Mr. I-Saw-It-At-CES-And-Won't-Tell-A-Soul.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:50:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's the PCI-E 8-pin power connector. Nothing really unusual, just a "new" connector. I've seen this on several power supplies I have reviewed recently.

http://www.bigbruin.com/2007/tagan1300_4

It is the Orange power connectors. They have the standard 6-pin PCI-E and a +2 add-on connector.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:09:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
I don't suppose you can elaborate on those, Mr. I-Saw-It-At-CES-And-Won't-Tell-A-Soul.

None of the pics are loading for me on that forum... But I would guess Hellfire is right. PSU's in the past year or so have started to include 8-pin PCIe power connectors. We've reviewed a handful of them.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:59:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oh, ffs! This a ploy by the manufacturers to make me buy a new PSU every year, isn't it? It's not bad enough that they blow up and consume your motherboard? Bang Head Crazy

Are there adapters for those of us on tech that's over 6 months old and are they reliable?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:09:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
oh, ffs! This a ploy by the manufacturers to make me buy a new PSU every year, isn't it? It's not bad enough that they blow up and consume your motherboard? Bang Head Crazy

Are there adapters for those of us on tech that's over 6 months old and are they reliable?

LINK A - LINK B - they are out there, but I do not know anything else about them. Last spring, when these became required on some cards like the HD2900XT, some PSU manufacturers were giving them away to people who recently bought their units. I think Corsair was one of them.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:10:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

cool, thanks for the links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: