Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
3D Monitor
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:32:49    Post Subject: 3D Monitor Reply with quote View Single Post

So I was checking my e-mail and I saw this in one of Newegg's newsletters.

IZ3D 22" monitor
Link: IZ3D

This is the first time I have heard of such a monitor. The list of supported games is pretty impressive. Thought I'm a bit disappointed that for Crysis, only ATI graphics cards are supported.

Anyone here have any personal experiences with this monitor? How is the quality of the picture? What are the pros and cons?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

treekodar
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:10:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Read some topics about it's negatives.

They claim, that their fps in 2D dropped quite a big amount, and in 3D it dropped a lot.

timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:29:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I never really thought of the fps. But now that you mentioned it, it does kind of make sense. It probably goes through software to switch between 2D and 3D which would cause the drop in frame rates.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:51:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I messed with one of these while I was at CES this year. They are very impressive. I played WoW on it and it was a whole new game. It did take a few minutes to get used to the difference but once you did gameplay was incredible.

The one I used was by Zalman.
CoolZone
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:28:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I still have to see one of these to believe it
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:01:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got news about Zalman 3D monitor being released (together with its review) a day or 2 ago...but when i read entire review...I wasnt impressed that much...maybe it's just me but I am not impressed with wearing glasses to be able to see that SIMULATED 3D mode.... Crazy Mad Bang Head

Although on the other side...i must say it looks cool...and also has alot of potential...so maybe in some 5 years time...who knows what might happen... Grin Still, imo, best way to do REAL 3D monitor would be to : 1st...make it big...like 30-40" diagonal...and 2nd....make it at least some 10-15" deep (with multiple layers of lcd panels inside Grin )...only in that way they could do real 3D mode inside the monitor itself. The only 2 downsides to this would be very big space needed to mount this monitor and graphics cards with at least some 10x gpu power that todays best ones on the market.... Bang Head Yikes Grin Laughing Wave

EDIT :

Everyone interested in Zalman's 3D monitor can read its review HERE.

timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:00:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SpeedZone wrote:

Although on the other side...i must say it looks cool...and also has alot of potential...so maybe in some 5 years time...who knows what might happen... Grin Still, imo, best way to do REAL 3D monitor would be to : 1st...make it big...like 30-40" diagonal...and 2nd....make it at least some 10-15" deep (with multiple layers of lcd panels inside Grin )...only in that way they could do real 3D mode inside the monitor itself. The only 2 downsides to this would be very big space needed to mount this monitor and graphics cards with at least some 10x gpu power that todays best ones on the market.... Bang Head Yikes Grin Laughing Wave

EDIT :

And the 3rd downside would be cost. It would be like buying at least 10 30" monitors!!!!!!

Everyone interested in Zalman's 3D monitor can read its review HERE.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:33:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, 3rd downside, timberwolf...I remembered later that i forgot to mention such monitor's price....but i thought it wouldnt matter whether i add that too or not....because i didnt want to upset people more than they already were... Grin Laughing Wink

Wave

Upon1
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:12:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Zalman claims to be the first 3D Monitor manufactuer
Their products: http://zalman.com/ENG/product/CategorySecond_Pic.asp?categoryname=Monitors&categorySecond=

I've seen some advertisements in Computer Shopper magazine for the past couple of months for the two monitors they offer.

Not really worth the price though.
=CDU=Above
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:31:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't know. I think the glasses would bother me. I play with headphones.
The head phones give me a headache by themselves if I play long enough.

Wouldn't mind checking it out though.

www.cduclan.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: