Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
7600GT WC kit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macenko
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:37:43    Post Subject: 7600GT WC kit? Reply with quote View Single Post

Greetings. looking for info on good W.C. kit for my XFX 7600GT VGA's ? I did some searching online and Thermaltake Tide looks EZ enuff, but i'm not sure if its for me for the simple reason it seems to use up PCI slots and that would kill me for space on my 2 VGA"s. I am looking for something that is not too complicated yet at the same time not too expensive. This will be my 1st WC system so yes I am still a cherry in this area. All info is welcomed. Thanks.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:22:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what do you consider "not expensive"?

Water cooling by it's very nature is not cheap. GPU blocks (especially those that incorporate the RAM) can cost anywhere from $30-$100+, not to mention the rad, pump, tubing, etc.

While that solution may fit your needs, two of them won't be cheap.

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:06:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a single TT Tide Water on my Lan rig and it performs rather well. But you're 100% correct in that it takes up a lot of your expansion slots. It might be a tight squeeze trying to get it all to fit with a dual vid setup...............
Macenko
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:36:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've just found a site called 3dgameman.com where they review alot of PC hardware and accessories. Not sure on how reliable their ratings are but I did find it very helpful especially since they show you how to install WC kits through videos. Thanks for your inputs.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:52:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The videos are a cool idea, but generally too quick and too low res to help in the finer details.

If you have specific questions on a water cooler, we can try to help... You know, with old fashion text and still photos! Grin

What were you considering? And what is your budget?
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:28:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's a old pic to show you just how much room the single card solution takes up inside my system.

ury2ok2000
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 May 2006 06:04:46    Post Subject: water cooling Reply with quote View Single Post

im no expert in the area but i have searched alot of reviews for water cooling kits to try when i build my ultimate rig Smile. anyway this http://xoxide.com/kingwin-aquastar-as-3000.html
seemed like a really decent solution. I would imagine you could just buy annother vga block and install that instead of the cpu block and viola you have a 2 vga water cooling solution. Pluss it has that active monitor in the front and i like how the fan is in the front of the computer since my comp will be placed in an entertainment center most fresh air will be coming from the front of the case (assuming of course you dont have a front cover on the case blocking the airflow -- i image that wouldnt go to well Smile ) Anyway watercooling seems to be a bit of an expensive venture - good luck.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: