21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Barack Obama [D]
35%
 35%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 42

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:58:49    Post Subject: Re: My vote Reply with quote

javajeff wrote:
Hilary Clinton is a brilliant speaker, and can turn this country around on day 1. She will be a great president.

Very optimistic.
I don't think anyone can turn this country around/solve all the problems in 8 years let alone 1 day
in fact one of her recent statements has me thinking about changing my vote to Obama.
In a momment of desperation, before "super Tuesday" she said
"I will bring the troops home in 60 days"
Not "I will start the process to responsably dis-engage in Iraq and bring the troops home"
As much as I want the war over with (I don't believe we should have been there in the first place) and our troops safely home, it is virtually impossible to pull out in 60 days ( other then a Bug-out/abandon everything and run! and even then moving 170k+ troops and just their personal gear is a massive task)
It is our duty to carefully winddown our efforts and transfer our excess material to the current government as we withdraw.
this could take several years, even on a fast track plan.

I'm getting very tired of politicianspromising things that they KNOW are not possble even in the best of circumstances rather then setting realistic goals and sticking to them.

Last edited by T-shirt on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:28:54; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved