Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: New Build Dual Boot XP 32 and Vista 64 
edvallie
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:38:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that both of your partitions for Vista and XP will be NTFS, so you'll be able to access both under XP and Vista alike. I wouldn't sweat too much on the size, so long as both are large enough to hold the OS and any software you'll be installing.

Re-Speedzone:
You say that your RAID0 array is on partitions G and H, and the lettering system is really only used on windows. Your RAID array should only be viewed as one physical drive inside of windows. I'm hoping your referring to two seperate harddrives, because if you somehow managed to get a RAID0 array onto a single disk, it'd probably hinder your performance a lot more than helping it.

I've never heard of that issue with a missing driver like that. Each OS ought to be installed on its own filesystem, theres no reason it should have dependencies on any others. If you are really convinced that is the cause(somehow) Try pulling the extra drives when you're installing the OS to make sure there aren't any files that are being linked to from another install.(Though this really shouldn't be happening in the first place)

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved