Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Folding at Home Contest December 2008 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:19:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote

For the desktop system, just use the standard client. I think you can set it up to only run when your system kicks on the screensaver. The work units aren't worth as much, but they have a much longer timeframe to completion so it shouldn't affect things much.

As for the laptop, I know what you mean. I've run F@H on every laptop I've ever owned and actually have it installed on my new aluminum macbook, but am hesitant to let it run full time (I always set it to disable on battery, but the mac doesn't seem to have that setting Sad ) because the darned thing is so new. I'll probably run it 1 work unit at a time for awhile until I gain some confidence that it's not going to overheat.

I have to go back to work tomorrow for two weeks and it always seems like my folding comps take a dump while I'm gone. Hopefully they'll keep chugging along because it sure looks like we are making some headway.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved