Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Case Gallery
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:00:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

welcome to BB LaTech,
Nice paint job, howd you do it?

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:18:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The black and yellow parts were easy...tape - and lots of it. I painted the black part first, then taped over it to do the yellow. It took quite a bit of sanding and priming to get the metal smooth like I wanted it.

The blood splatters were a bit more difficult. I ended up spraying a bit of red paint into the cap of the spray paint can, and with the metal pieces laying on the ground, I kind of made a throwing motion at the pieces (this isn't sounding right, but that's how I did it). The paint flew out of the lid and even had the nice splatter pattern you would find in real blood drops.

The keyboard and mouse were also painted in this same way and came out really nice, I think.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:28:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thats insane...its a unique way to paint it, but i guess it worked, nice job Thumbs Up
Landincoldfire
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:20:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's my latest case, nothing to special, made it for my daughters system. I spent two weeks painting and polishing it. The inside of the case is also polished to a mirror finish. Did a bit of cutting to get the rear fan finger guard to look right. I wanted to change the LEDs on the fan-control, but didnt have a fine enough point on my soldering iron.

KickDrunkPunk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:01:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thats some kick a$$ s#!7 right there
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:24:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's mine... nothing too special except the custom sidepanel cut with waterjet in the CoolerMaster ATC... (old pics)

(sorry for the clutter Rolling Eyes ... some may consider it a disgrace, but I'm too lazy to route all the cables Laughing)

Last edited by PRpaTi on Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:33:51; edited 1 time in total
unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:58:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You can check ma mod, at Unbaised PC Reviews Forum.

http://www.ubpcreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272

Its another VCR but this time its old. :|

u might just catch a shot of me there Grin

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

1337nub
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:26:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sick cases. wish i had the money for a good old sweet case. mines a plain old beige case Sad
unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:22:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

On of my mods is pretty simple, a 9 dollar fan and some elbo grease.

Or the more expensive mod i have done, yet, it the Side panel to my old Beige case, I paid 5 bucks for a full pane of Acrylic, then i got a drill drilled holes, i did it withough and components in it Grin

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:40:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well... my little 'puter is my pride and joy!
There are a lot of funny stories behind it's construction, but I am very happy with it's end result.

I call this my "Braveheart" picture... Wink

Innards are the following:
A8N-SLI-Deluxe
Athlon FX-53
1GB (2x512) OCZ EL PC3200, 2-3-2
Leadtek 6600GT
Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro Cooler with Artic Silver
ULTRA 500w X-Connect modular power supply
Pioneer Slot load DS-106 DVD player
HP CD Burner (older than dirt...) Laughing

The trick bits:
1) Flames... and lots of them! I've always liked classic harloquin flames like on custome cycles and hot rods... this was my tribute to them! I cut the inverse flame on the top window, backed it with a sanded piece of lexan, then lit each end with a 3 LED array, blue at the base of hte flam, and green at the top of the flame. The fade works nicely. The Side window was lovingly cut and sanded and filed into submission to put the flames on the window! Ran into a problem shortly after creating my *magiccal* effect, in that my case color did not lend itself to displaying the flames very well in a dimly lit LAN environment. So I cam up with the 2nd layer of sanded UV blue acrylic that is lit with UV CCFL's! Add into that the other colors that are present in the acrylic (to be explained in a second) and I got my flames lit up enough to be seen at a LAN party! Wink

2) The flames actually flicker. I built a controller for all of the series LED's that is based off of hard drive LED activity. When the drive is at rest (off) certain LED's stay lit. When there is activity, then the other LED's light up and the first set goes off. So there is this constant play between the colors in the flames that makes the flames not only light up... but flicker and dance as well!

3) 92mm exhaust fan. Was a regular UV green fan, but I tapped 3 holes into the frame and aimed UV LED's in a triangle pattern. I tied them into the same plug used by the fan off of the motherboard, and then sleeved the connection in black so that it would not show up.

4) Custom Power cabling - I bought some UV reactive wire and some corresponding black molexes and the male or female pins needed to fil each location, and then built my own cable system. The Ultra cables are nice, but too bulky for how small my case actually was. So I gathered inspiration from another modder on another forum and redid the work in my flavor! The cable spacers are UV Green acrylic that have been tapped, drilled and added into the cable array. Kinda tricky to plan out how many cables you need, how many molexes will be used, where the spacers are going to be put in, etc... but I like the results!

5) Crushed Velvet in the bottom to give it that "pimp's couch" feel, as well as add in an areas for me to cover cables and connections! I plan on redeux'ing this later on, but for now... I like how this all lays out.

6) Bulgin Vandal switch on the front for power

7) Front intake for 80mm front fan with active LED show in the middle of it!

I have a complete work log up elsewhere if you would be interested in reading all of the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this mod, then I'll gladly post up the link.

PS: Also very excited about this, but I found out this last week that I wil be the MaxPC "Rig of the Month" for June! So, keep you eyes open! I, myself, won't believe it until I see it in print... but I'm still REALLY excited! Wink

Last edited by Tech-Daddy on Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:57:46; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: