Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
NOOB at OC’ing GPUs – Now Trying a HD3870
Setting Up an HD3870 for OC'ing
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:41:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hahahaha...well you can always upload pics to some free service and then link to them from here. And if you have videos...post them on youtube...and voila...job done....and Dr.FG will be happy too. Grin Laughing Wink

Temperatures seems to be similar to mine's at stock with stock cooling. I actually had it around 43 idle and 70-80 at full load (this full load kinda varies...i noticed that you can max it out totally with playing some Crysis or Call of Juarez...or by using ATI Tray Tools' benchmark. 3DMark06 doesnt max it that much...or maybe you should run some 5-10 benches in a row nonstop to max it totally. And I also saw similar temps to yours (58-60) if i waited for 3DMark06 to finish and then check them, but as far as i later noticed....thats not absolute max, because even a second or two after the end of benchmarking (before you go to desktop and check temps in catalyst or GPU-Z), temps drop quite much. So it could be that it was at 70 degrees and before it showed you results and you check temps...it was already at 58s. From there on...as you also said...it drops little slower...depending on how good your case airflow is, because gpu cooler fan as you also saw...works at low RPMs at such times.

I would advice you to download ATI Tray Tools....then install and run it...and at the same time...run CPU-Z or monitor temps via Catalysts...then....run benchmark on ATI Tray Tools....and check temps in realtime in CPU-Z (you should leave benchmark to run for some 5-10mins to push the card to its max temps). Hmmm...I actually believe bechmark there is time limited...so you should run the other option right next to it...something 3D....which rotates some space ship or something....cause that runs until you manually cancel it. Wink

And about your strange message...dont have any clues as to what might cause this....where is that message shown? Arent you simply using 3DMark06....which at the end shows you result....without the need to visit any web pages!? Or were you trying to submit results to ORB? Or what? Confused

Here is link to the latest version of ATI Tray Tools http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

Ok...thats it...otherwise i'll write a novel again. Grin

Cya soon and good luck! Wave

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: