Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Win a Tagan Icy Box IB-390Stus from PC Freaks & Geeks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:56:10    Post Subject: Win a Tagan Icy Box IB-390Stus from PC Freaks & Geeks Reply with quote View Single Post

PC Freaks & Geeks will be giving one winner a new Tagan Icy Box External Hard Drive Enclosure (IB-390Stus).

Once you have completed the registration process and activated your account you must make one post in our Introductions board located
here.

Once you've introduced yourself make 14 more NON-SPAM Posts any where in the forums. The competition will run for 4 weeks (April 4th to May 4th)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:54:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like that idea of extra credit by posting a link at another forum... I am going to extend that to the 5th Birthday Contest! Let you guys do the spamming, I mean marketing... Laughing
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:54:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There's been a couple of forums doing this sort of "marketing" lately..............Wink

I know where they came up with the idea from (or at least I have a good idea).........Wink

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:20:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Some forums don't seem to like members posting links to other forums, but might post a link if Dr feelgood was to send out a "news bulletin"
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:25:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I did send out a news announcement on the 1st. I do see some sites posted it officially, but the trend seems to be for fewer and fewer to share contests.

But, I like them and welcome them here... You know of a good contest, please feel free to post here in the Bonanza!
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:51:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I feel that posting info for other contests brings in more page views for the site and lots of folks will return to the site just to see what's new............Wink
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:28:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
You know of a good contest, please feel free to post here in the Bonanza!

I'm certainly not opposed to that. Smile
I just mentioned it as I've been admonished via PM, on other forums (who's names I won't promote Hammer ) for posting links to other forums promos.
I figure if they're so worried that their members won't come back, then maybe they don't have that much to offer/attract users in the first place.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:09:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I generally don't post stuff on other forums, and count on at least a small percent of the news mailing list helping us out...

The one time I did post a contest, I got in trouble, too. Anandtech opened up a contest subforum and it was rather desolate... I thought no one had anything to post, so I put up three or four posts from a variety of forums, one of which was Bigbruin. Even though my account there is older than Bigbruin, and has no connection/reference to Bigbruin at all... the admins figured it out. The other contests remained, the Bigbruin one was deleted, and I got a PM about being banned the next time I self promoted. Oooohhh...

They don't post our news, they seemed to big to feel threatened by a little contest, so I didn't think it was a big deal... Smash

I guess that subforum was desolate by choice... Laughing
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 16:13:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It seems that a lot of larger sites are getting a little stuck on themselves these days and won't have nothing to do with the smaller sites, and that's the main reason the I hardly go to the bigger forums these days. Smaller forums generally have a nicer type of people that seem to be much easier going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: