Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 Final
Windows Update And Live Update
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:40:31    Post Subject: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 Final Reply with quote View Single Post

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers experience with the operating system. This link came directly from Microsoft Technet.

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

Boo Boo

sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:19:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, I was just reading about the official release just a little bit ago........................Wink
Methious
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:25:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Already slipstreamed it. Haven't gotten to test it yet but if it's good should save me a lot of time eventually.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:13:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup it will and knowing that you have a limited satellite connection like me, it'll save you a ton of bandwidth as well....................Wink
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:35:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release to Web (RTW) Delayed

Quote:

In the last few days, we have uncovered a compatibility issue between Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to make sure customers have the best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to the web.

To help protect customers, we plan to put filtering in place shortly to prevent Windows Update from offering both service packs to systems running Microsoft Dynamics RMS. Once filtering is in place, we expect to release Windows XP SP3 to the web.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3262170&SiteID=17

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:31:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so few people use Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System that shouldn't be a problem, but if one glitch gets this far, there may be others.
don't toss your SP2 slipstream/images yet!
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:46:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Methious wrote:
Already slipstreamed it. Haven't gotten to test it yet but if it's good should save me a lot of time eventually.

me too...funny thing is its less than 10mb larger then my sp2 slipstream image. Confused
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:02:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
so few people use Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System that shouldn't be a problem, but if one glitch gets this far, there may be others.
don't toss your SP2 slipstream/images yet!

Kept mine just in case................ Grin

But I tend to hang on to everything for a long time anyways.

goldenchessboard
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:10:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wonder if Vista will be worth getting after SP1.. It does have DX10, but I suppose xp beats it in just about everything else Razz
Methious
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:37:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There's a working XP DX10 hack I don't remember they posted it over on Bjorn3d.

Haven't tried it yet but it's on my hard drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: