Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Display with Touch Screen - 1 QUEST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:36:20    Post Subject: Lilliput 7" TFT LCD Display with Touch Screen - 1 QUEST Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

I am very interested in this screen & I found this site through your good review on it.

There is only one thing I do not know about this screen-

The product comes with a 'Touch Pen'. My question is - Is the pen required to use the touch screen function? That is can I use my finger to make selection rather than using the pen.

Sorry for asking such a simple question its just i want to be one hundred percent sure it is capabel of this.

Any advice appreciated, but could you only answer if you are 100% sure that this is the case. For I won't be buying the product if i can't finger it Smile lol

Thanks,

A. Montiel
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:47:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi montz... welcome!

I have tried my finger, it doesn't work very well...

The point on the touch pen has a really fine point, kind of like an actual ballpoint pen, which I think is necessary for two reasons...

1. It concentrates the pressure into a small enough area to make the scree react properly.

2. A finger is huge compared to a 7" screen running at 800x600! Although I can read the screen perfectly fine at this compact size, a finger is large enough to overlap a couple links/buttons while trying to navigate, and the computer won't know what to do...

Hope that helps. Grin - Let me know if you have other questions!

A third reason could just be keeping the screen clean. The touchscreen isn't smooth, but a slightly textured plastic, and finger prints show up easily and can be difficult to clean while also being very gentle.
montz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:09:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cheers m8 thanks for such a quick reply!!

ok.

My plan is to stick this screen in my car. I got a little project going Smile

I'm planning on writing my own software in VB for the interface. I was planning on using big buttons like at least a centimetre squared for each button.

Obiously in this type of application i don't believe a pen is very practical.

How accuate will it be? Do you think i could get away with it if i make the buttons big enough?(bigger than my finger)

What do you think?

Cheers m8, thanks again for the quick reply.

A. Montiel
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:26:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll check it out later and see if a finger is good enough for basic clicking and pointing on larger targets! Will let you know once I check it out... Sun
montz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:28:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

cheers m8 thanks a bunch.

IOU Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:29:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I guess the finger works well for navigating large buttons. Basically, my finger is the size of the typical desktop icon (size set to 32), so as long as things that big aren't right next to each other, it works just fine.

Browsing the web is hard, espcially with text links near each other, but if you only plan to have big buttons, you should be good.

I did notice that whenever I pointed, the cursor always showed at the upper right corner of where my finger was...

Cool
montz
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:42:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sounds promising. I think i'll go ahead & take the risk buying it, i'm in love with its look anyways Smile

Thx a lot again for the info.

Cheers m8

A. Montiel
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: