Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Team Fortress 2 Update Released
steampowered.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:56:05    Post Subject: Team Fortress 2 Update Released Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source Engine

Improved particle performance on multi-core machines

Added FOV slider to Options | Video | Advanced for all games (moved there from TF2’s multiplayer options)

Fixed surround sound initialization problems with new speaker modes defined in Vista

Team Fortress 2

Added Goldrush

Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu

Added 39 Medic achievements

Added unique Medic items:

The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw

Added new attack animations to most melee weapons

Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman

Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode

Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps

Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies

Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points

Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions

Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target

Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts

Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers

Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health

Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons

Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front

Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire

Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32

Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing

Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements

For Mapmakers:

Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken

Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable

Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules

Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint

Granary

Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle

Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs

Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns

2Fort

Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways

Added small ammo and health to top of spiral

Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck

Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

Portal

Fixed a rare crash related to bone setup

steampowered.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:06:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Got 7 of the medic achievements last night, some of them look to be near impossible to get. Also surprised I didn't see any teams with all medics lol
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:24:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've got the first two new weapons unlocked already Smile
(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:34:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Almost got the second one here. Haven't been able to play as much as I would like, damn school hehe
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 08 May 2008 00:01:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

achievements is complete BS and shouldn't be in a FPS game! We shouldn't have to earn the right to use weapons in a FPS game its complete bull crap
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:21:23    Post Subject: TF2 Love Reply with quote View Single Post

I sorta got used to "achievements" from BF2. There, you had to rack up your score to certain levels until you "unlock" other weapons. The unlocked weapons weren't necessarily better, they were just different.

I LOVE TF2, and I don't mind the weapons I have access too. I figure I will get the other weapons when ever it happens. One of the nice things I liked about BF2 was, if you fragged someone with one of the upgrades, you could pick it up and use it for the rest of that "life" in the game. When you were fragged, you dropped it where you were. If you could get back to the location where you dropped it before it disappeared, you could keep using it. That way you could get a feel of the weapon before you unlocked it.

Does Big Bruin have a STEAM Group yet? I'm always looking for people to play with. I can't get the rest of my guys to put down BF2 to play TF2.

If you want, add me to your friends in STEAM. My id is Murdock_NJLP. The STEAM group we have can be found under the name NJLP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: