Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Pro Football Pick 'Em - Week Five
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:26:28    Post Subject: Pro Football Pick 'Em - Week Five Reply with quote View Single Post

Week Five

This weeks prize sponsored by Crucial:

Up for grabs this week is a brand new 2GB dual channel memory kit from Crucial. They will work with you to select the correct Crucial or Crucial Ballistix kit to work with your DDR or DDR2 compatible motherboard!

"Crucial carries over 240,000 upgrades for more than 35,000 desktops, notebooks, servers, printers, routers, and other electronic devices on their web site, www.crucial.com."

Product Info:

The winner of this week's contest will receive a 2GB dual channel memory kit (two 1GB modules) from Crucial. Specifics can not be provided at this point, because Crucial was cool enough to leave it open ended. You won't get stuck with a memory kit you might not be able to use, as they will work with you to select the appropriate DDR or DDR2 kit from their Crucial or Crucial Ballistix product lines.

Crucial is the only consumer memory upgrade supplier that's part of a major DRAM manufacturer, selling high-quality memory that has been qualified and approved by all major original equipment manufacturers.

Ballistix is high performance memory from Crucial. It allows enthusiasts to "push the boundaries of performance without sacrificing your system".

Special Thanks to all Sponsors:

ยป ClubIT.com
ยป CoolIT Systems
ยป Crazy PC
ยป Crucial

ยป Seagate
ยป Ultra Products
ยป Coming Soon
ยป Coming Soon

Scoring:

ยป 5 points per game for picking the winner
ยป 5 extra points (10 total) per game for picking the exact score

The winner of the contest is determined by which ever entrant has the most points at the end of all games this week. If the contest should end in a tie based on points alone, the tie breaker will be determined by which entrant has the lowest point differential. (Point differential is calculated by taking the sum of actual scores as compared to the predicted scores over the course of the week).

Rules:

1. You have until kick off of each game to make your picks, once a game starts you will not be able to change your pick.
2. To play you must be a registered member of the Bigbruin.com forum.
3. One winner will be chosen based on the final score of the contest.
4. At the end of the contest, the winner must provide their shipping address, and the prize will ship out right away.
5. This contest is open to North American participants only, and shipping is included.
6. Rules subject to change.

Tips:

1. Your picks aren't set in stone until game time. You can edit your predictions for any particular game as often as you want right up to kick off.
2. Once a game starts the software does not let you see your predictions. Your best bet for remembering your picks is to take a screenshot of the predictions page or to write them down.
3. Scores will be updated when available and are listed at the bottom of the game's page.
4. Monday Night Football is included, but the upcoming week's games will generally be listed beforehand. While the game and predicition pages may show an overlap during this period, the scores and standings will not get mixed up.

Please post any comments or questions in this thread!

Previous Winners and Prizes:

Week One - Modulok - Pride (practice round)
Week Two - Modulok - Glory (practice round)
Week Three - ~*77*~ - Honor (practice round)
Week Four - germ - Saitek A-200 Portable 2.1 Speakers
Week Five - kimchiman - Crucial 2GB Dual Channel Memory Kit

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:47:20; edited 4 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:02:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Shucks, no DDR3 option? Sad heheheh
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:13:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I think that might be just out of the ball park right now! Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I changed the contest rules a little... This was eliminated

Quote:
One winner per household every 30 days (starting with games played in Week 4). If you win, keep playing, but you have to wait 30 days to qualify for your next prize.

I have already seen that some people won't play if they think something better is on the horizion. I want as many people playing every week, and hopefully more competition reduces anyone's chances of winning too many times!

Cool
timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:25:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So it is possible to win more than once?

I'm not really a football fan. But my friend made me join his Fantasy Football League and I'm starting to get into the game. I'm 3-1, yay!

This is a great contest idea!
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:33:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

w00ts. Hopefully I'll do better in this round Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:00:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

timberwolf wrote:
So it is possible to win more than once?

Yes, you can now win every week... If you have the skills. Laughing

Initially I wanted to limit the number of times people could win, to spread things out... But it seems people are willing to pass on 'lesser' prizes if they think they have a shot at something big down the road... Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:10:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Next time, maybe make it so you can only win every other week, but you have to have played (every game) the preceeding week to win Grin

Then people can play to win, but they just can't win the following week, and since they don't know what it is, they might as well try to win *shrug*

Who knows, I thought people would try regardless of the prize.
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:17:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yay, two of my favorite things together...football and computer hardware Smile
SUSHRUKH
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:20:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Another contest for only the residents of North America.That sucks for us (global users) . Anyways, best of luck to all who can enter in this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: