21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
Barack Obama [D]
35%
 35%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 42

zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:44:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Obama got my vote... Wink
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:17:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Screw'm all...

vote for Robert R. Preston for President.

Lower taxes, less spending

Bring our troops home

Guns and beer for everyone(18yo+ and nonfelons)

public hangings of convicted persons(forcible felonies, treason, etc)

Pay-Per-View events for executions and prison death matches

Funding from PPV events to go to Social Security fix.

Troops to guard borders

Healthcare reform = insurance company fix, no more public advertising of drugs(funds to be diverted to lowering costs), open market competition for approved drugs

Improved Job market = companies that outsource pay equivalent taxes, fines and fees for what they save for going abroad. tax incentives for companies that create and maintain positions.

Income tax - slowly eliminating the Fed income tax, but a national sales tax to take the place of it. Designed so the poor to upper middle income families pay less overall - but big income and big spenders pay more.

An attempt to put us back on the Gold and Silver Standard. (other metals/minerals considered too)

Public officials lose benefits after leaving office. - no more pension for Presidents, Senators, Reps, Justices, etc..

Violation of the Constitution as it is written = treason = hanging + dismemberment

Weed de-illegalized for medical use, and allowed under license for others. Federal gov't to setup the only sanctioned vendors and sources. Growth for private use permitted under license. Proceeds to go to national debt. Trafficing, sales, and use of other hardcore drugs = hanging.

Increased penalties for DUI's. Those still actually stoned or drunk have to go 5 rounds in a prison death match. Plus pay fines and do community service. 3 DUI convictions in 5 years time(if you survive death matches) = hanging.

A cap on property value per square foot.

A fix for localized inflation.

And more..

Just Vote for Me.
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:12:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Where's the "That's all I have to choose from, OMG we are so f^cked!" option?

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
sandyza
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:51:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm voting for Hillary - figure we'll get a tofer that way and I have always admired her attempt at reforming health care when she was the First Lady. At least SOMEONE was trying to get this mess fixed a long time ago.
=CDU=Above
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:45:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sandyza wrote:
I'm voting for Hillary - figure we'll get a tofer that way and I have always admired her attempt at reforming health care when she was the First Lady. At least SOMEONE was trying to get this mess fixed a long time ago.

Um, she was the First Lady to a U.S. President who was in fact impeached on Dec 19th, 1998. The first one to be impeached since Andrew Johnson in 1868 by the way.
You might say, "Well what about Nixon?"
Nixon resigned before the impeachment vote. Unlike Clinton, he was never actually impeached.

Then there's always this too.
Part one
Part two

www.cduclan.com
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:28:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

=CDU=Above wrote:
Um, she was the First Lady to a U.S. President who was in fact impeached ]

Um, and that somehow makes HER less competent?
Some people seem OBSESSED over the impeachment (impeachment=statement of charges, similar to an indictment) for perjury.
So he got a BJ at work( inappropriate, but not really anybody else's business except between bill, Hilary and Monica) and when called out in a very public proceeding ,rather then saying "hell yeah, and it felt good" he attempted to evade the question (as most lawyers and politicians do, and many husbands would), in the end lying about it.
That was his crime and wasn't anything she did.
If you want to see real 'high crimes and misdemeanors' that are damaging to the Constitution and the public trust, you only need to look at the current administration.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:58:49    Post Subject: Re: My vote Reply with quote View Single Post

javajeff wrote:
Hilary Clinton is a brilliant speaker, and can turn this country around on day 1. She will be a great president.

Very optimistic.
I don't think anyone can turn this country around/solve all the problems in 8 years let alone 1 day
in fact one of her recent statements has me thinking about changing my vote to Obama.
In a momment of desperation, before "super Tuesday" she said
"I will bring the troops home in 60 days"
Not "I will start the process to responsably dis-engage in Iraq and bring the troops home"
As much as I want the war over with (I don't believe we should have been there in the first place) and our troops safely home, it is virtually impossible to pull out in 60 days ( other then a Bug-out/abandon everything and run! and even then moving 170k+ troops and just their personal gear is a massive task)
It is our duty to carefully winddown our efforts and transfer our excess material to the current government as we withdraw.
this could take several years, even on a fast track plan.

I'm getting very tired of politicianspromising things that they KNOW are not possble even in the best of circumstances rather then setting realistic goals and sticking to them.

Last edited by T-shirt on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:28:54; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:50:45    Post Subject: Re: My vote Reply with quote View Single Post

T-shirt wrote:
I'm getting very tired of politicianspromising things that they KNOW are not possble even in the best of circumstances rather then setting realistic goals and sticking to them.

*DING* We have a winner ... tell'm what he's won.

Sure thing Bob.. he's won a lifetime of disappointment and utter disgust in the political system and 2 party system of the United States.
Rhino585
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:28:13    Post Subject: To serve and protect. Reply with quote View Single Post

If McCain can make it through years as a POW, I think he can do the same in a 4 yr. term.

Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:16:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I were american I'd vote for the atheists.... I wouldn't want a President that pleas to some unseen external force to help him run the country every time he or she is about to get caught in a scandal. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: