Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Reviews "issue"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 02:50:54    Post Subject: Reviews "issue" Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

I just wonder whether it is possible to somehow integrate some sort of pull-down menu at reviews? Or at least to maybe put page names at each page number? (you know....i.e....describtion...specifications....installation....testing....conclusion...)? Confused

Otherwise everything is great...it's just that when you want to quickly find some special info about the product(s)...you must go over almost all pages to find it. (or is this done in such way just to get more clicks? Grin )

Wave

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:10:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just saw this post... While I wouldn't mind easier navigation, I also like easy site management and haven't developed such a system like you described.

Would probably get more clicks if people could find what they wanted easier and stuck around longer.

The only other issue is that some pages have multiple "chapters" and some chapters take multiple pages to cover...

A new system is in the works, not sure if this is something that could be added easily.
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:52:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Totally agree with you...that users navigation and site management should both be as simple as possible to use. So no point in getting easy user navigation, when you would need to struggle for hours trying to put some article online. Wink

But you do know what i meant with that? Look at i.e. these 2 random review links i just found to show you example:

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=538&pgno=0

(although it's kinda hard to find that tiny "quick link menu" at TechARP, but still...better than nothing)

and

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/706/1/

(has review index at the bottom of page).

And some other sites also offer both combinations...page numbers (with or without names) and that index pull down menu's.

Now I am totally aware that this feature varries from software to software, but (in my opinion)...majority of such online software offers at least some option to add those names to each page. At the same time...I just remembered how hard and time consuming is to "break" each page and name it in i.e. Joomla. Surely gives you few headaches (and eats away few precious hours of your time (if longer article is in question)), before you sort all those names out....and to put all things where they should be...because later...that article index is integrated at each page on right top side...and messes up with article...unless you lower first few lines...ahhhhhhh....crazy. But then again...thats Joomla...dont know what you use...could be easier or harder...only Doctor knows. Grin Wink

So leave it as it is now if its too hard to integrate it easily. It was just my idea of how to make navigation much easier for end users...thats all.

Peace. King Wave

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:58:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - in the BB brand software, changes can be tricky. LOL

I also insist on the layout being fairly clean and orderly, as I hate searching for the navigation. Some hide it in a jumble of ads and images, or make it way too small. I like it at the top and bottom of the page, which you don't always find, but perhaps it will be OK to just have details at the bottom and page numbers at the top.

I hate having to go through every page, ie places that just have a NEXT and BACK button, because generally I want to go to the end right away.
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:17:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Yeah - in the BB brand software, changes can be tricky. LOL.

I hope they're not so tricky, that Doctor couldnt find some easy solution. Grin

Now seriously...that NEXT<>PREV buttons sucks...i agree...but in the middle of them...it could be that index with pull down menu to select desired page...or as you said...index/details at bottom and pages as top... Wink

Actually...to sum it up...anything would go as long as there are names set for each page (even if this is done by the most low tech way...to write them one under another...i.e...1.Introduction..next line..2.Specifications..3.Features..etc...and you copy those few lines to each page and allign that text to i.e. right side Grin )...for user to see whats at each page...without the need to blindly go page by page to find what he/she wants. Grin

But okkkkkkkk...leave it as it is...BB is still NUMERO UNO with or without this feature. King Grin Wink

Wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Site Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: